Since September is upon and we are fast moving into the colder depths of British weather, surely we are all looking for quick, hearty and warming lunch ideas to replace the obligatory Summer salad?
I always got compliments from colleagues at work whenever I took this lunch in as it looks colourful and appealing.
This recipe is super quick and easy, low in fat, gluten free and suitable for vegans. It can be made in batches and be stored throughout the week.
It’s basically a better tasting, healthier pot noodle.
You will need:
- 1 small nest of Crystal or “Glass noodles” (they are very fine and cook quickly)
- Lemon grass paste
- Ginger paste
- Half a lime
- Chilli flakes/powder/paste
- Miso soup paste (I personally prefer “Clearspring white Miso with seaweed”. If you don’t like miso you can use a stock of your choice such as chicken or vegetable, I would suggest a jelly cube but dried would also work)
- Vegetables of your choice (ideally vegetables that cook very quickly or that you don’t mind crunchy. I went for red pepper, sugar snap peas, asparagus and some chopped spring onion).
Plus a container such as a heatproof mason jar.
Put it together
- Put the pastes at the bottom of your jar first (lemongrass, ginger, chilli and miso)
- Squeeze in the juice of half a lime
- Place your nest of noodles in the jar
- Slot in your vegetables
That is literally all you need to do, it will only take a few minutes!
When you’re ready to have lunch, simply add boiling water, replace the lid and leave for just a few minutes.
Stir and wait to cool a little, then tuck in!